Thursday 17 September 2009

The people behind the beer


JOHN MACDUFF, DRAYMAN

John was born in Dunblane at the start of the swinging 60’s, although he doesn’t lay claim to starting the swing.
His formative years (24 of them) were spent in the army. On leaving the army he had a couple of ’fillers’ before being headhunted by Inveralmond in August 2005 because of his excellent work ethic, intelligence, youthful good looks and legendary modesty. The polygraph test was the only bit of the psychometric screening that he failed for some reason.

What is your favourite weekend pastime?
If I am not at McDiarmid Park watching St Johnstone giving some poor unfortunates a football lesson I enjoy going out and about in my campervan and tramping the hills and woods with my dog, Harry. I also do a bit of gardening/DIY under strict supervision of my wife, Jan.

Which record, book and film would you take to a desert island?
You can’t beat a bit of The Proclaimers at full blast. My favourite at the moment is Life with you. I’ll probably [Ed: definitely] lose a bit of street-cred but I really enjoyed Grease, however if I was on a desert island I would want a good laugh so would probably go with Life of Brian. I can’t read a book twice bit I like Stephen King and Dean Kootz. Any sort of mystery/thriller would be OK though.

Which famous people (alive or dead) would you like to cook dinner for?
The Burmese pro-democracy leader Suu Kyi, Willie Ormond and Stephen Fry.

What would you eat and drink?
We would have a mixed grill and sticky toffee pudding. I’m not a wine buff so it would have to be a Sunburst to wash it down.

What would you do if you didn’t brew beer?
I would be traveling the country roads in my campervan annoying other draymen out trying to get their deliveries done in time.

Do you remember your first pint?
A pint of lager, but I have no idea which or how much. I was just grateful I wasn’t being thrown out for being underage!

No comments:

Post a Comment